This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Testsuite: Avoid \r\r\n problem of *-*-mingw* host
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Pierre Muller <pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 00:20:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Testsuite: Avoid \r\r\n problem of *-*-mingw* host
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20130918021125 dot GL3132 at adacore dot com>
On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Joel Brobecker <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Here is an alternate proposal to get rid of that double \r
>> problem encountered when running the testsuite with mingw host GDB.
>> maint set testsuite-mode on
>> force stdout and stderr to use binary mode.
>> maint set testsuite-mode off
>> restores stdout and stderr "normal" text mode behavior.
> FWIW, I tend to think that it's better to test the debugger in
> an environment that is as close as possible to reality. For
> those reasons, I tend to favor Yao's approach. But it's not
> a strong opinion.
Can someone explain how \r\r\n occurs?
Presumably two difference pieces of software are doing the \n -> \r\n
What are they?
[hacking the testsuite may be preferable in some way, but I'm worried
that road will be long and painful]