This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Testsuite: Avoid \r\r\n problem of *-*-mingw* host
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Pierre Muller <pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:11:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Testsuite: Avoid \r\r\n problem of *-*-mingw* host
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <006301ceb3fb$9bad1d60$d3075820$ at email@example.com>
> Here is an alternate proposal to get rid of that double \r
> problem encountered when running the testsuite with mingw host GDB.
> maint set testsuite-mode on
> force stdout and stderr to use binary mode.
> maint set testsuite-mode off
> restores stdout and stderr "normal" text mode behavior.
FWIW, I tend to think that it's better to test the debugger in
an environment that is as close as possible to reality. For
those reasons, I tend to favor Yao's approach. But it's not
a strong opinion.