This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] Implement support for SystemTap probes on userspace
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 14:15:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Implement support for SystemTap probes on userspace
- References: <email@example.com>
>>>>> "Sergio" == Sergio Durigan Junior <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Sergio> The third patch contains code to make use of the existing longjmp and
Sergio> exception probes in glibc and libgcc, respectively. I believe Tom can
Sergio> give more information about this patch, but the idea is that if we have
Sergio> those probes available, GDB should use them because we don't need
Sergio> debuginfo to access them.
That sums it up very well. The probes are preferable for just this
The libgcc probes are upstream, so distros need only install sdt.h
before building gcc to get the benefit.
The glibc changes are in the Fedora RPM. I think we may try again to
get them upstream.