This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Should we be able to read simulator memory immediately after a "load" command?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <dan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:56:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Should we be able to read simulator memory immediately after a "load" command?
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 01:00:10PM -0700, Kevin Buettner wrote:
> This code was added in a patch from 2006. See:
> In that posting, Daniel provides a good rationale for that patch as a
> whole, but I did not see any discussion of the portion affecting
I'm just guessing, but my guess is that removing the check breaks
reading memory between "tar sim" and "load", and previously we would
have read from the executable file.
If I bothered to make the change it was probably because of the