This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Static tracepoints support
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 15:47:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: Static tracepoints support
- References: <email@example.com>
Pedro Alves wrote:
To staple a GDB tracepoint on one of those markers, one uses the new
"strace" command (yes, it can be confused with the strace utility; it
was the natural obvious choice after "trace" and "ftrace" for fast
tracepoints; a good alternative spelling suggestion is welcome).
One thing you could do, as I did for the 'gcore' command, is to
make the official command eg. "static-trace", and then make strace
be an abbreviation for it. Just a small thing to draw attention
to the distinction between this and the other strace.
Similarly, "fast-trace" could be that official command, and ftrace