This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Printing of character vectors
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Ken Werner <ken at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:59:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: [patch] Printing of character vectors
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Ken" == Ken Werner <email@example.com> writes:
Ken> I noticed that char vectors are printed like char arrays (as
Ken> strings). Here is the output of a sample session:
Ken> Is this intended?
I do not know. The test case was written that way, but that isn't
necessarily indicative of intent.
Is it ever useful?
Ken> The attached patch changes c_val_print to additionally check if the
Ken> type is a vector. Tested on powerpc64-*-linux-gnu and
Ken> i686-*-linux-gnu, no regressions. Any suggestions are welcome.
The patch itself is fine. I think the only question is what behavior we
If you don't hear any objections in the next week, go ahead and check it