This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc] DWARF expression evaluation vs. GDB address encoding problems
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:02:27 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [rfc] DWARF expression evaluation vs. GDB address encoding problems
Tom Tromey wrote:
> >>>>> "Ulrich" == Ulrich Weigand <email@example.com> writes:
> Ulrich> In fact, this seems the real problem to me: operations on the DWARF
> Ulrich> stack should really use the target pointer / address representation;
> Ulrich> only after the computation is complete should the value be converted
> Ulrich> into the GDB internal address representation (CORE_ADDR).
> This makes sense to me.
> Ulrich> As a side effect, we no longer need to employ the value machinery
> Ulrich> to perform binary operations on the DWARF stack.
> Ulrich> Tom, does this look reasonable to you?
> Yes, thanks.
OK, thanks for the review!
I've checked the patch in now.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE