This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [rfc] DWARF expression evaluation vs. GDB address encoding problems
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:06:21 -0600
- Subject: Re: [rfc] DWARF expression evaluation vs. GDB address encoding problems
- References: <201006232029.o5NKTrDf009422@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Ulrich" == Ulrich Weigand <email@example.com> writes:
Ulrich> In fact, this seems the real problem to me: operations on the DWARF
Ulrich> stack should really use the target pointer / address representation;
Ulrich> only after the computation is complete should the value be converted
Ulrich> into the GDB internal address representation (CORE_ADDR).
This makes sense to me.
Ulrich> As a side effect, we no longer need to employ the value machinery
Ulrich> to perform binary operations on the DWARF stack.
Ulrich> Tom, does this look reasonable to you?