This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] $thread convenience variable
- From: Stan Shebs <stan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: Stan Shebs <stan at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 10:46:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] $thread convenience variable
- References: <4C158675.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Tom Tromey wrote:
I vaguely remember that too, we should probably write it down
somewhere. :-) In any case, I committed as $_thread .
"Stan" == Stan Shebs <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Stan> Although the original request was for "$thread", it might be better to
Stan> make it "$_thread" instead, so as not to interfere with possible use
Stan> in existing scripts. But I'll only change it if I get enough votes in
Stan> favor. :-)
I have a vague memory that the last time this came up we decided that
all new built-in convenience variables would start with "_", or
something like that.