This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Switch shared library default backend to solib-target.c
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:37:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: Switch shared library default backend to solib-target.c
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tuesday 15 June 2010 18:58:57, Pedro Alves wrote:
> This patch changes GDB to default to enabling target
> reported shared libraries. I've applied it.
> It does that by using solib-target.c by default, instead of
> solib-null.c. The patch actually gets rid of solib-null.c entirely.
> This means that for example, a generic elf gdb build (e.g., arm-eabi, without a
> default OSABI), can be used to debug random RTOSs that report loaded
> shared libraries using the "qXfer:libraries:read" remote protocol
> Since solib-target.c behaves exactly the same as solib-null.c
> when the target doesn't implement the TARGET_OBJECT_LIBRARIES
> xfer, this is always either a win, or a nop.
I thought about this a bit and realized that it probably
warrants a NEWS entry. I'll post one soon.