This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [python][patch] Inferior and Thread information support.
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>, tromey at redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:36:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [python][patch] Inferior and Thread information support.
- References: <4BFA6E82.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4C17DB57.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tuesday 15 June 2010 20:58:15, Phil Muldoon wrote:
> When I ported this code from Archer I thought the (t)pid equality was
> fine. But as in any porting effort you take the sum of several
> authors and decide to rewrite/port what you have. I thought that this
> equality was ok. OTOH I don't see why either (on your original
> question). I'll investigate further and report back.
Probably when the original code was written, gdb mainline
didn't have the concept of proto inferiors with pid == 0. That
only came in with the multi-exec work. Just guessing.