This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [0/7] RFC: read DWARF psymtabs in the background
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches\ at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 21:00:09 -0600
- Subject: Re: [0/7] RFC: read DWARF psymtabs in the background
- References: <email@example.com> <4C169EB0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Snyder <email@example.com> writes:
>> All the code is written so that threads are optional. On platforms
>> without threads, everything works as before, albeit in a somewhat more
>> convoluted way.
Michael> Just curious; which platform without threads have you tested on?
I haven't run the test suite threadless at all.
However, I did build it without thread support (on Linux) and then
smoke-tested it by running it on itself.
I'm thinking of adding a --disable-threads or something so that people
who don't want this can turn it off.