This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] gdb.base -- use gdb_test_no_output
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 10:15:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA] gdb.base -- use gdb_test_no_output
- References: <201006111631.o5BGV3qW020906@d12av02.megacenter.de.ibm.com>
Ulrich Weigand wrote:
Michael Snyder wrote:
#test set language asm
-gdb_test "set language asm" "" "set language asm"
+gdb_test_no_output "set language asm" "set language asm"
This fails for me:
set language asm^M
Warning: the current language does not match this frame.^M
(gdb) FAIL: gdb.base/setshow.exp: set language asm
Hmmm... well I'm prepared to revert that line, but I'm puzzled
as to why this output should appear for you and not for me.
I presume your arch is cell, whereas I tested on x86. But this
message comes from arch-neutral language.c, and AFAICT should only
appear on the command "show language", not "set language".
Can you see something that I'm missing?