This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: optimized-out pieces
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 00:35:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: RFC: optimized-out pieces
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 21:19:28 +0200, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I'd appreciate comments on this patch. In the absence of comments I
> plan to check it in.
currently it has a lot of regressions, at least tested on Fedora 13 with
-lefence. Most of them are for x86_64-m32 and i686. 64bit x86_64 is not
regressing much as it has few DW_OP_piece in use.
Good reproducer for x86_64-m32 was for me on current FSF GDB HEAD:
set_value_address sets there value->location.address despite it is an
lval_computed value that time. Later it crashes on next command:
==4402== Jump to the invalid address stated on the next line
==4402== at 0x300000: ???
==4402== by 0x5D6169: free_all_values (value.c:708)
==4402== by 0x412EED: prepare_execute_command (top.c:339)
==4402== by 0x412F78: execute_command (top.c:379)
==4402== by 0x4133B4: command_loop (top.c:524)
gdb.opt/clobbered-registers-O2.exp - only expected output change