This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] fix crasher on detach command
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 19:28:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA] fix crasher on detach command
- References: <4C0D3636.email@example.com>
On Monday 07 June 2010 19:11:02, Michael Snyder wrote:
> The circumstances are, detach from a remote target that doesn't have
> threads. Remote.c leaves the PID arbitrarily as "42000", and
> target_detach calls remove_breakpoints_pid, which crashes because
> find_inferior_pid returns NULL.
It shouldn't matter that the PID is arbitrary; there should be an
inferior with that PID in the inferior list. This probably means
that the inferior got its PID cleared to 0 already when you get here?
What's the backtrace like at the time of the crash? I assume
the remove_breakpoints_pid call is coming from within target_detach?
> The patch just adds a test for NULL.