This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [gdbserver] x86 agent expression bytecode compiler (speed up conditional tracepoints)
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Michael Snyder <msnyder at vmware dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 09:35:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: [gdbserver] x86 agent expression bytecode compiler (speed up conditional tracepoints)
- References: <email@example.com> <4C0D1868.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> gdbserver has sure come a long way from the simple remote debug agent
> that it started out to be. Is anybody at all worried about the ever
> increasing complexification of gdbserver?
I personally am not. I am a little preoccupied with the fact that
we seem to be duplicating more and more code between the gdbserver
and GDB, and one of these days we'll probably want to bite the bullet
and make the GDB code use the gdbserver target-side of the code
(read/write memory, step/run/continue, etc). But in the meantime,
Pedro and others seem to be well on top of things :).