This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Forbid watchpoint on a constant value
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, tromey at redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 16:37:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Forbid watchpoint on a constant value
- References: <20100521070500.GA30452@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100528231122.GO3019@adacore.com> <email@example.com>
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 06:50:08 +0200, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> One thing to notice is that instead of doing:
> if (!TYPE_CONST (SYMBOL_TYPE (s)) != TYPE_CODE_FUNC
> I am now doing:
> if (!SYMBOL_CLASS (s) != LOC_BLOCK
> Jan kindly suggested me to do this change, and I checked the DWARF spec in
> order to see if LOC_BLOCK is equivalent to TYPE_CODE_FUNC.
The DWARF spec http://www.dwarfstd.org/doc/DWARF4-public-review.pdf contains
neither LOC_BLOCK nor TYPE_CODE_FUNC. But I have checked now TYPE_CODE_FUNC
and LOC_BLOCK are IMO equivalent at least for the DWARF symbols in this case
as being read in by dwarf2read.c.