This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Do not treat '\' as escape character on MinGW Windows hosts
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 15:52:52 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Do not treat '\' as escape character on MinGW Windows hosts
- References: <20100421203354.GD6588@adacore.com> <20100505184859.GA29308@adacore.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Sergio" == Sergio Durigan Junior <email@example.com> writes:
Joel> I didn't get much feedback on this. I thought it would have stirred
Joel> a little more controversy ;-). Since the feedback that we did get
Joel> went both ways, we'll just keep that an AdaCore-specific feature.
Sergio> I know it may be too late for that and I don't want to bring old
Sergio> discussions back to live, but FWIW I agree with you and AndrÃ,
Sergio> in the way that GDB should correctly handle the backslash on
Sergio> MinGW environments.
Thanks for speaking up.
This seems reasonable to me too.
I am not as certain about the particular implementation, though it is
hard to see how else it could work.