This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Forbid watchpoint on a constant value
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:49:17 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Forbid watchpoint on a constant value
- References: <20100521070500.GA30452@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20100528231122.GO3019@adacore.com> <20100604135323.GA5527@host0.dyn.jankratochvil.net>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Jan" == Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Jan> The former comment was vague enough I agreed with it. But the new one is
Jan> explicit enough to be unfortunately IMO incorrect.
Jan> Return non-zero if EXP is verified as constant. Returned zero
Jan> means EXP is variable. Also the constant detection may fail for
Jan> some constant expressions and in such case still falsely return
Jan> OK this way?