This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR bootstrap/42798
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf dot Wildenhues at gmx dot de>
- Cc: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 07:59:01 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR bootstrap/42798
- References: <20100601204405.GA1170@gmx.de> <AANLkTim4-8VpK907cHTIcT2ELeZEgOBpLf0FUJmpPCJN@mail.gmail.com> <20100602111845.GA16161@ins.uni-bonn.de> <4C064B77.email@example.com> <20100603063319.GC28276@gmx.de> <20100603065852.GA28617@gmx.de>
Ralf Wildenhues <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de> writes:
> This is the followup patch for src. Tested by building binutils+gdb,
> I'm starting a combined tree with --enable-build-with-cxx now.
> Ok to commit if no problems show up?
> A note to the gold change: I've looked at git glibc headers, of the
> declarations tested only 'basename' was overloaded. If more are added
> in the future, the configure.ac files need to be adjusted to give
> parameters for them, too. This applies to the whole tree of course for
> --enable-build-with-cxx, not just for gold.
With regard to the gold change. What will happen if the system header
files provide only a declaration
char *basename(const char *)
Since gold doesn't actually basename, another option here would be to
skip the check of the basename declaration entirely. In fact, we
should consider dropping basename from libiberty; our code should in
general use lbasename anyhow.