This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb's README file
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:39:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: gdb's README file
- References: <4C075FE9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> GDB's README file is quite stale, beginning with:
> README for gdb-6.3 release
> Updated 20, November, 2006
> this confused a user, who thought they had 6.3 sources, rather than
> more recent ones.
Yeah, this is something I had meant to work on for quite a while.
The README is updated at release time to fix the version number,
the problem is mostly with the HEAD sources.
> The attached patch removes all the 6.3ness, referring to a generic
> VERSION. I also removed the listing of the top-level directory --
> it's rather specific and I don't think useful.
I am happy with that approach. I'd give it a couple of days for people
to have a chance to comment, and then commit.