This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] add support for disabling individual pretty-printers
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: dje at google dot com (Doug Evans)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 16:40:49 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFA] add support for disabling individual pretty-printers
- References: <20100520071212.E4A8484398@ruffy.mtv.corp.google.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <email@example.com> writes:
Doug> As discussed in irc, I'd like to add support for disabling
Doug> individual pretty-printers. Broken printers do get installed
Doug> and/or the underlying data structures do change with developers
Doug> not always updating the pretty-printer. When this happens
Doug> the consequences to a user's debugging session can be severe enough
Doug> that IMO we need to do *something*.
I was thinking that we could perhaps automatically disable any printer
that ever throws an exception.
That is pretty drastic though.
Doug> The approach below uses the presence of an "enabled" attribute
Doug> on the lookup function (or callable object!) to control the
Doug> Ok to check in?