This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/python:1/2] Add support for --with-pythondir.
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: tromey at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:53:25 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA/python:1/2] Add support for --with-pythondir.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <AANLkTimLm7I7k5J-emVPuysb0qgyiq8WOXfpUhylTSb8@mail.gmail.com> <20100528160818.GN3019@adacore.com> <AANLkTine_XZInXMTsR5mPzibXuxbnwh5MDRP8pF7GuZB@mail.gmail.com> <20100601201537.GQ3019@adacore.com> <AANLkTimzDgFow7Acub3OitmP8xrcmFSQV0kCBibpokDm@mail.gmail.com>
> I don't have any concerns other than those expressed.
> They're not showstoppers or anything, I just want to make sure that
> if/when the time comes to add --with-python-sodir (or some such), it's
> not willy-nilly shot down because of the claim that there are already
> too many configure options.
Aaaah - I see where you are coming from now. Personally, I certainly
would not object. The number of configure options can indeed be somewhat
of a concern (I'm slightly concerned about the distinction between
the gdb-pythonlib path, and the python path), but nothing blocking.
At worst, I think we can do without the configure option, by forcing
the lib-dynload directory to be inside the gdb-pythonlib. WDYT?
I need to discuss the second patch with Tom anyways, so I'll wait a few
more days, to see if anyone else would like to comment on this.