This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [commit] build failure in inf-ptrace.c (pa-hpux)
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: brobecker at adacore dot com, pedro at codesourcery dot com, stan at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:07:20 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [commit] build failure in inf-ptrace.c (pa-hpux)
- References: <20091230194628.GH5942@adacore.com>
> Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:46:28 +0400
> From: Joel Brobecker <email@example.com>
> inf-ptrace no longer builds on pa-hpux. Looks like a small thinko
> while updating gazillions of files the same way. I hope I fixed it
> right (notice the [...]->pspace = [...]->aspace on the second line
> I changed ;-). I didn't see I first fixed the name of the variable...
> 2009-12-30 Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Fix build failure in inf-ptrace.c.
> * inf-ptrace.c (inf_ptrace_follow_fork): Fix typo.
> Checked in.
For what it is worth, it also broke OpenBSD and I came up with the
same fix. I'm not sure the fix is right though.
> + child_inf->pspace = parent_inf->pspace;
> + child_inf->aspace = parent_inf->aspace;
Looking at the Linux code, this seesm to be right for vfork(), but the
code in inf-ptrace.c handles fork().
Pedro, Stan, what would be the right thing to do here?