This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: FYI: -Wunused warning in cp-namespace.c with old glibc...
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:22:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: FYI: -Wunused warning in cp-namespace.c with old glibc...
- References: <20091230104816.GC548@adacore.com>
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 02:48:16PM +0400, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> We're still supporting some pretty old x86-linux distributions at
> AdaCore, and one of them comes with a now antiquated version of
> the glic. And unfortunately, this version of glic plays some tricks
> with strncpy, while these tricks are disabled on older glibcs
> for GCC 3.2+:
FYI, we ran into this too - we ended up dropping a newer
bits/string2.h (from RHEL4 rather than RH8/RHEL3, I believe) into our
build system. The newer one works fine with an older runtime.