Re: dwarf_aggregate_size() seems to fall over on pointer types

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com> wrote:
> Oops. That shows why I shouldn't submit patches without testcases...
> Thanks for testing and fixing.
>
> Here is the fixed up patch plus some testcases to show it actually
> works.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

If you're going to tag me for Tested-by, it's "Conrad Meyer." (Google
just doesn't let me use my real name for email and a pseudonym for all
their other services, so it's a compromise.)

Looks good to me, thanks Mark. Maybe document the architecture the
object files were produced on / the tests are in reference to? The
sizes seem hardcoded for 64-bit pointer / 64-bit long architectures.
Not a big deal.

I don't know the proper way to run elfutils tests, but I gave it a go:

$ export srcdir=`pwd`; ./run-aggregate-size.sh
rmdir: failed to remove ‘test-20508’: Directory not empty
$ echo $?
1
$ ls test-20508
testfile-sizes1.o

No other output. I'm probably doing it wrong, but I didn't find any
documentation in the tests/ directory.

Thanks,
Conrad