This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [commit] [patch] Fix dwfl_report_elf BASE alignment [Re: pending patches ping#2]
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: elfutils-devel at lists dot fedorahosted dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 20:29:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: [commit] [patch] Fix dwfl_report_elf BASE alignment [Re: pending patches ping#2]
On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:31:41 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> One needs to
> disable build-ids from the core file. I tried it the official way of bit 4
> in coredump_filter but this does not work, filed kernel Bug:
This is no bug, I just used (instead of default 0x33) wrong mask, the right
one should be apparently 0x23.
But I found I have regressed elfutils by:
[commit] [patch] Fix for PIE with both -e and --core in use
$ ./src/addr2line -S -e /bin/sleep --core=/tmp/sleep.core.23 0x00007fefc0c2b430
- although the symbol is wrong due to this bug
and although still before it required proper args order:
./src/addr2line -S --core=/tmp/sleep.core.23 0x00007fefc0c2b430 -e /bin/sleep
but now always:
/* We could not read the executable's phdrs from the
memory image. If we have a presupplied executable,
we can still use the AT_PHDR and AT_ENTRY values to
verify it, and to adjust its bias if it's a PIE.
There is no executable to check available yet after the patch above.
To be fixed later.