Re: [0/5] handle multiple .debug_types sections

Tom> There may not be a link time -- you can "pahole something.o".  If the .o
Tom> was made with -fdebug-types-section, then it may have multiple such
Tom> sections.  This is just a consequence of the use of different comdat
Tom> sections for each type unit.

Roland> In general we've said that libdw is not meant for generic ET_REL
Roland> files.

Ok.  I did not know this.

Roland> The exception is .ko files, which are ET_REL but are the output
Roland> of ld -r so section merging has already been done.  I guess that
Roland> will leave multiple sections in a COMDAT situation, but those
Roland> don't appear in .ko files.

In my experiment with ld -r, I see multiple .debug_types sections.

Are .ko files built in some special way that would avoid this?

Tom