eu- prefix by default (Was; Re: elfutils build error)

    On Fri, 2016-02-26 at 21:11 +0100, phi gcc wrote:
    > I didn't made a make install on purpose may I shoul but I don't want
    > to push things built here on my system...
    > Whant to build pure local under the tar xv dir

    I would recommend using something like configure
    --prefix=/usr/local/elfutils --program-prefix=eu-
    to install under /usr/local/elfutils and have all programs start with
    eu-... so they don't clash with any existing ones.

And speaking of that... what about setting the program-prefix to eu- by
default?

Almost no one wants the elfutils to replace binutils, but to complement
them.  But that can happen by accident very easily with the default
program names.

Also, we are so used to use eu-stack and the other eu-* commands that
using stack, etc feels weird :)

What you people think?