This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[patch] Fix report_r_debug for prelinked libraries
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: elfutils-devel at lists dot fedorahosted dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 20:50:28 +0200
- Subject: [patch] Fix report_r_debug for prelinked libraries
eu-stack: "Callback returned failure" for seemingly OK shared libraries
attaching the fix. I find it obviously right.
It also has no testsuite regressions.
The problem was that user dumping the core file had DSOs prelinked but
downloaded DSOs from RPMs are not prelinked. l_addr is then zero but it
cannot be determined from the DSO file.
Unfortunately I do not provide a testcase. It fixes the Bug above as tested
on its core file but I cannot disclose the core file (or its parts).
And despite I did try I haven't reproduced it by a hand-made testcase.
The problem is the modules placing code got overcomplicated and IMO it could
be simplified one day. There is the former placement which works somehow and
there is the placement by patches of mine which force it here and there to the
right positions. Trying to exploit failure of the add-on code of mine always
ended up on the former code placing it right on its own.
--- Begin Message ---
[<email.message.Message instance at 0x154a2d8>]
--- End Message ---