Re: elfutils build error

On Sun, 2016-02-28 at 08:40 +0100, phi gcc wrote:
> HI Mark and All
>
> I am pretty happy with readelf for what I am doing, yet I got one more
> question is there a way to build readelf linked -archive with
> ../libelf ../libdw
>
> I build readelf -g as well as the ../lib* and I need to debug all that.
>
> I am asking for a 'normal' ay of doing this, i.e is there a "make
> something" that I should do.

If you are asking whether elfutils supports static linking then then the
answer is currently no. The tools, libdw and libasm that rely on libebl
load the backend code for the various arches through ldopen. See
eblopenbackend.c.

If you are asking how to debug a non-installed version of an elfutils
tool then doing the following should just work:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=backends:libelf:libdw:libasm gdb --args src/readelf ...

Cheers,

Mark