Re: Handling NT_SIGINFO, NT_FILE in core files

Petr Machata <pmachata@redhat.com> writes:

> I haven't had a chance to look at NT_FILE yet, but I intend to.

pmachata/NT_SIGINFO now includes code for handling NT_FILE as well.
I changed the READ_INT etc. macros to functions (they can be reused for
NT_FILE) and rewrote the branch history with this change in.

Jan mentioned in his e-mails earlier this year that NT_FILE could be
used to prime dwfl_link_map_report, which would help in cases where
link_map chain gets corrupted.  I haven't had a chance to look into this
yet.  We'd move the NT_FILE code from readelf to some library in that
case.

Thanks,
PM