libdw not functioning after rebuild

Hi,

When I rebuild libdw and the backends, without any changes
to the source, but do not relink something like eu-readelf
or eu-objdump, they stop functioning correctly.

What I see that happens is that it doesn't know any relocation
types anymore, they all change to "<INVALID RELOC>".
eu-objdump -d returns: "eu-objdump: cannot disassemble"
eu-readelf changes "Machine: AMD x86-64" to "Machine: x86_64".

Comparing the libdw.so.1 files only shows a difference in
the build-id and what looks like a timestamp in the .rodata
section.

So I'm wondering if there is some mechanism that is preventing
this from working, while I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

Kurt