This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: libelf gelf_newehdr and gelf_newphdr return types
- From: Kurt Roeckx <kurt at roeckx dot be>
- To: elfutils-devel at lists dot fedorahosted dot org
- Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 23:02:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: libelf gelf_newehdr and gelf_newphdr return types
On Sat, Dec 03, 2016 at 02:05:41PM -0700, Ali Bahrami wrote:
> I also googled for these APIs, and found very little of note,
> other than manpages.
You can search the source in Debian here:
The only things really are:
- dwz casts it to a char *.
- prelink has it's own implementation that uses unsigned long
All the rest seems to either compare it to NULL, or not even do
anything with the return value.