Re: FYI: readelf.c (print_ops): Add missing DW_OP_GNU operands.

Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> writes:

> Cool.  Since the dwarf branch seems to have been effectively abandoned (my
> templates, oh, my templates!), it seems appropriate to grab the known-dwarf
> machinery from there and put in on the trunk so that such manual changes
> are no longer required.

That would be great.  But I'm thinking whether we don't need (in
addition to publishing the generator macros) a stringifying interface as
part of ABI.  The specific task of reporting dwarf tag names in (error)
messages seems to come up in all kinds of clients.  Without a library
entry point for this, the client will at best be able to write something
like "DW_TAG_unknown_0x12345 unsupported".  It's a bit better than the
current approach, where everyone has their own hand-crafted switch, but
you would still link the known values statically to each client.

Thanks,
PM