Re: readelf: Displaying "raw" .debug_aranges

Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com> writes:

> I am undecided whether to "fix" the dwarf_getaranges code to do the same
> (in normal cases the length and terminator for the table match up, so it
> shouldn't matter).
>
> I still like to add this "raw" .debug_aranges reader in readelf because
> I think it is useful to have. Using dwarf_getaranges does too much
> (especially the sorting of addresses).

Elfutils already implements some byte-reading in cases where our Dwarf
interfaces are too high-level, so this is in line with that.

BTW, dwarflint already contains much of this low-level stuff, and if we
ever revive it, there might be an opportunity for sharing some of that
code.

Thanks,
PM