Re: New testfile: dwarf-getstring

On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 12:33 -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
> Really the best thing to do is to join the "gitelfutils" group via
> the https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts system.  Once you're
> approved there, you can push to git directly.  The convention is
> that you are free to push any branches you like that are called
> <username>/* where <username> is your fedoraproject.org user name
> (and * is anything, of course).  If you push a branch like that with
> a new change, then it is very easy for us to merge it in.

Done.  Thanks for approving.  I've created mpolacek/coverage branch.
The new tests altogether with changed ChangeLog and Makefile.am are
already there.  Now when I think over, I probably should've made only
one commit for that, not three.  But I hope it can be merged now.

> The dwarf_getstring function is not one that really ever gets used, so
> there isn't a lot of need for this.  But anything improving the test
> coverage is a good thing, and that test is just fine as it's written.
> It's a fine place to start for a first contribution.

I was concerned about that.  In libdw there are a few other functions
like that.  I don't know if it would be better to write just one test
for all of them or write a set of tests each testing one particular
function.  I don't want to pollute tests/ directory so I'd favor the
first option.  Suggestions?  Thank you,

	Marek