Fuzzing elfutils

Hi!

[Please Cc me, I'm not subscribed.]

I've been fuzzing binutils for some time now and I've spotted that you
are also intersted in it. So I have tried to fuzz elfutils. Results
attached. valgrind logs or gdb backtraces are included. Cases are
deduplicated based on the full stacktrackes as provided by the
corresponding tools.

I'm not very familiar with elfutils. Which commands give the most code
coverage (and shortest run time)? I've used two commands so far:

   objdump -rs
   readelf -aAdehIlnrsSVcp -w

and crashes seem to differ for them.

BTW does indended use of elfutils include the use against untrusted
files and do you track corresponding security issues?

Any feedback is welcome.

Contents:

objdump-crashes.tar.gz:
Files: 11
Errors:
      10 Invalid read of size ...
       7 Process terminating with default action of signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
       3 Process terminating with default action of signal 8 (SIGFPE)

readelf-crashes.tar.gz:
Files: 11
Errors:
       1 Argument 'size' of function malloc has a fishy (possibly
negative) value: ...
       1 Invalid free() / delete / delete[] / realloc()
       9 Invalid read of size ...
       6 Process terminating with default action of signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
       1 Process terminating with default action of signal 8 (SIGFPE)

readelf-asserts.tar.gz:
Files: 2
Errors:
       1 No assertion info in gdb backtrace.
       1 readelf.c:7731: print_debug_exception_table: Assertion `readp
== action_table' failed.

--
Alexander Cherepanov