Re: question on ebl openbackend dlopen()

On 12/14/2011 02:36 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:

> Last I knew, Debian was using a local patch that builds all the
> backends in rather than loading them.  But I haven't looked at their
> packages lately.

Thanks for the pointer!  I see it in Lenny.   In newer versions there is
no libebl (backend so's are in libdw1) and the libdw-dev page states "It
also contains a static version of libdw. Only link to the static version
for special cases and when you don't need anything from the ebl
backends".  Curious as it seems to have some external references, ~shrug~

nm debian-sid/libdw-dev/usr/lib/libdw.a | grep backend
                  U ebl_openbackend
                  U ebl_closebackend
                  U ebl_openbackend

Thanks for the help!