pmachata.threads branch status

Hi,

I found a couple cases in libelf that look like they need some extra
locking.  I assumed that the client has control over the lifetime of Elf
structures, which is to say that I didn't try to fix the race between
releasing memory allocated for struct Elf in one thread, and trying to
lock the same Elf in other thread.

The changes are on pmachata.threads branch.

PM