Re: dwarflint

> All cases that I've seen so far were suffixes of previous strings.  For
> example this is a typical case (in libX11):
>
>   [ 14fd]  "/usr/src/debug/libX11-1.1.4/src"
>   [ 151d]  ".4/src"
>   [ 1524]  "xbutton"
>
> dwarflint claims that 0x151d..0x1523 are unused.  I'm thinking it's the
> compiler squeezing the reference to ".4/src" into previous string, and
> failing to garbage collect the fragment.

Ok, I see.  It might actually be from debugedit.

> Sorry, that should have been a "NULL abbrev," an abbrev with code 0,
> used for alignment purposes.  The open office library contains sequences
> of non-NULL abbrevs.  These technically form empty abbreviation
     ^^^^^^^^
> sections, so maybe make it a warning instead?

Did you mean that it contains NULL abbrevs?  There are no authentic
alignment requirements in .debug_abbrev either, so this can be treated
similarly to the string table padding.

> The above is on dwarflint branch.  I had a small battle with git about
> the merges.  I think I didn't screw anything, all commits on master are
> yours.  monotone-viz was quite a bit better at showing inter-branch
> relations, in gitk everything looks like a particularly messy subway
> map.  But a couple more commits and I'll have branches figured out :)

OTOH, there are probably many more people and web resources around to help
you with GIT.  (I don't have any great secret wisdom on this to share.)
FWIW, the branch/merge state looks exactly correct to me.

Thanks,
Roland