Accepting GNU Free Documentation Licensed content

What do you guys think of accepting derived works based upon GNU Free Documentation Licensed content? https://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.3.en.html

As far as I can tell, allowing a project like elfutils the freedom to fork and derive specialized content is what this license was intended to do and elfutils use of the various GPL licenses expresses an overall intention to not restrict user's freedom. The GFDL is in line with that intention.

e.g. there is readelf and eu-readelf is designed to take the same options and work the same way but there may be a couple of differences. Why don't we just fork the readelf man page and describe any differences that there may be.

-ben