This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] libelf: There is just one ELF version.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 22:44:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] libelf: There is just one ELF version.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, Feb 24, 2019 at 06:07:17PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Remove (partially defined out) code and data structures dealing with
> multiple ELF versions. There hasn't been a new ELF version in the
> last 20 years. Simplify the code a bit by just assuming there will
> only be one version (EV_CURRENT == 1).
> Simplifies elf_version, gets rid of __libelf_version_initialized.
> Removes one (or more) array (version) dimension from various tables
> and accessor functions (__elf_xfctstom, shtype_map, __libelf_data_type,
> __libelf_type_aligns and __libelf_type_sizes).
Pushed to master.