This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [Bug general/24000] couple of testsuite fails with uclibc library
- From: Ulf Hermann <ulf dot hermann at qt dot io>
- To: "elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org" <elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2019 07:59:53 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Bug general/24000] couple of testsuite fails with uclibc library
- Accept-language: en-US
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/> <bug-24000-10460-Ewx5eH04zA@http.sourceware.org/bugzilla/>
>>> Don't disable symbol versioning, without it binary compatibility is broken.
>> As per the following commit disabled symbol versioning for uclibc
>> with uclibc,the test suite hangs in middle when compiled with Symbol
> hmmm. I think that commit might have been a mistake in hindsight.
The option to disable symbol versioning is appreciated here. I don't
think it's a mistake. There are platforms which don't support symbol
versioning at all.