This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH elfutils 1/2] [libdwfl] parse inode in /proc/pid/maps correctly
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: Yonghong Song <yhs at fb dot com>
- Cc: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org, ast at fb dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 21:10:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH elfutils 1/2] [libdwfl] parse inode in /proc/pid/maps correctly
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 01:20:08PM -0800, Yonghong Song wrote:
> The inode number in /proc/pid/maps is displayed as "unsigned long"
> In one of our x64 system, we have inode number exceeding valid "long"
> type range, which caused the following test failure:
> FAIL: dwfl-bug-fd-leak
> FAIL: run-backtrace-dwarf.sh
> FAIL: vdsosyms
> The offending map entry:
> 7f269246b000-7f269246c000 rw-p 0002e000 00:50 10224326387095067468 /home/...
> This patch changed sscanf inode number type from PRIi64 to PRIu64
> and fixed the problem.
Reading the inode number as a signed value was indeed odd.
Added a ChangeLog entry and pused to master.