This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
[Bug libdw/23981] dwarf_siblingof() fails with attribute form DW_FORM_ref_addr
- From: "mark at klomp dot org" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 11:07:24 +0000
- Subject: [Bug libdw/23981] dwarf_siblingof() fails with attribute form DW_FORM_ref_addr
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #4 from Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org> ---
(In reply to Andreas Kromke from comment #3)
> I changed the source file accordingly, rebuilt the library and rerun the
> tests. The result is, unfortunately, the same, i.e. there is no improvement.
> Analysis showed that in failure case these lines are executed:
> if (sibattr.form == DW_FORM_ref_addr)
> uint8_t ref_size;
> ref_size = cu->address_size;
> __libdw_seterrno (DWARF_E_INVALID_DWARF);
> return -1;
> So obviously the new code piece was run, but the failure was still detected
> later, in the old code.
This is really hard to debug with just this information and without the exact
DWARF that is being decoded. Could you please post an example DWARF description
and/or a backtrace when the error occurs/__libdw_seterrno is called?
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.