Re: RISC-V support

On Sat, 2019-01-12 at 00:23 +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> I've been looking at mips, and it seems to have many different
> ABIs too. A patch I've received does this:
> int
> mips_return_value_location (Dwarf_Die *functypedie, const Dwarf_Op
> **locp)
> {
>   /* First find the ABI used by the elf object */
>   enum mips_abi abi = find_mips_abi(functypedie->cu->dbg->elf);
>
> The patch only supports 6 ABIs, but I think there are really over
> 10 ABIs.

But how many are actually used? Which does Debian support?

> Maybe it would be good that we only need to determine the ABI
> once, instead of each time the function is called.

Yes, so instead of having each hook find the correct abi, you can do
that in the init hook once. And then either assigning a abi specific
callback hook, or setting some struct ebl data field (ppc64 added one
for function descriptor support for example).

Cheers,

Mark