Re: Elfutils new release

On Wed, 2018-11-07 at 15:33 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-11-07 at 14:15 +0000, Karbownik, Anna wrote:
> > I'd like to ask you whether you plan to release 0.175 elfutils
> > version?
>
> There are enough (small) new features and bug fixes to do a new
> release. Lets aim for next week.
>
> There are still a couple of patches cooking on the mailinglist and
> there is one outstanding bug related to the new eu-strip --reloc-debug-
> sections-only option with relocations against compressed debug sections
> (but only on armhf and ppc64) which will need to be resolved.
>
> > If so, when are you going to announce it
>
> Once all patches are in and the bug is resolved. Hopefully end of this
> week. I'll announce the intent to do a new 0.175 release on this
> mailinglist. Then after a couple of days, I'll do the release unless
> more issues are found. Hopefully somewhere next week.

Fixing that one bug triggered another bug, updating the buildbot to
Fedora 29 showed a bug and extra testing with gold showed yet another
issue. But everything looks pretty good now. Despite (or maybe thanks
to) the extra fixes going in I feel pretty good about the next release.

I have prepared the source code for the next release and would like to
release it on Friday unless some blocker bug is found before then.

Cheers,