This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] tests: Try to use coredumpctl to extract core files.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 01:01:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] tests: Try to use coredumpctl to extract core files.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20171224151045.GA27792@stream>
On Sun, Dec 24, 2017 at 04:10:45PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 11:31:42PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > If systemd-coredump is installed we have to use coredumpctl to extract
> > the core file to test. Unfortunately systemd-coredump/coredumpctl seem
> > to be somewhat fragile if multiple core dumps are generated/extracted
> > at the same time. So use a lock file to only run one core dump test at
> > a time (under make -j).
> One small addition to appease make distcheck. We have to clean up the
> lock file. We don't want to make it a tempfile because we want the file
> to exist globally during all test runs.
I pushed this variant to master.