This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the elfutils project.
Re: [PATCH] tests: Try to use coredumpctl to extract core files.
- From: Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>
- To: elfutils-devel at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 16:10:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] tests: Try to use coredumpctl to extract core files.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 11:31:42PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> If systemd-coredump is installed we have to use coredumpctl to extract
> the core file to test. Unfortunately systemd-coredump/coredumpctl seem
> to be somewhat fragile if multiple core dumps are generated/extracted
> at the same time. So use a lock file to only run one core dump test at
> a time (under make -j).
One small addition to appease make distcheck. We have to clean up the
lock file. We don't want to make it a tempfile because we want the file
to exist globally during all test runs.
diff --git a/tests/Makefile.am b/tests/Makefile.am
index fca00727..a9aa8bd4 100644
@@ -515,6 +515,9 @@ dwarf_default_lower_bound_LDADD = $(libdw)
system_elf_libelf_test_LDADD = $(libelf)
+# A lock file used to make sure only one test dumps core at a time
+CLEANFILES = core-dump-backtrace.lock
check: check-am coverage